Countdown

484 Nominees: 14 down, 470 to go!

Monday, March 21, 2011

Some upcoming movies...

Ok, so there are some upcoming movies I am quite excited to see.  this Friday Sucker Punch comes out and I am almost too excited.  I need to dial it back or there will be no way it will be able to live up to my expectations.  I am hoping for a pure block of badassness from the director of 300 and Watchmen.  This one is an original screenplay from Zac Snyder and not an adaptation from a graphic novel so this is entirely from the mind of the director I am most excited about these days, and I can't wait!

On April 8th, Hanna comes out and here again we have a girl straight up kicking ass!  This one I am less excited about the visuals as in the case of Sucker Punch but more excited at the prospect of the mystery involved in this one.  It almost feels like The Bourne Identity but the main character is a 13-year-old girl!  Also the cast could not be more exciting for me.  Eric Bana, Cate Blanchett, and Saoirse Ronan( who you might remember from The Lovely Bones and her Oscar-nominated performance in Atonement)

Also on that day Arthur comes out.  I hate to admit it, but this one looks quite funny.  It is a remake of an 80s comedy of the same name.  I actually didn't care for the original and I certainly don't care for Russel Brand, he creeps me out, but the two dislikes must cancel each other out because I am actually looking forward to this one! 


I will keep you updated on anything else that floats into my interest, but these are the three I am most excited about at the moment so keep an eye out for the forthcoming reviews!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm stoked for Sucker Punch, can't wait.

    Scream 4 and Fast Five are next month, and I must admit I'm mildly interested in both; Scream for nostalgia's sake (11 years since the last one! I wasn't even in high school yet), and Fast Five because the fourth one wasn't bad and this one has The Rock.

    ReplyDelete