Countdown

484 Nominees: 14 down, 470 to go!

Sunday, December 19, 2010

In the beginning...

As many of you know, the Golden Globe nominations were released last Tuesday. The season has begun once again! I have some work to do to be prepared for the big night. I am working on getting all of the nominees seen for this year as well as see the Oscar nominees and winners from years gone by.
With my friend Dani as my partner in crime and hopefully readers as my motivation, I will embark on a journey into the cinematic past. Why? Because I want to inspire people into watching the classics that are still as valuable and genuinely entertaining as they were the day they were made. I hope to see more people break the color barrier and start seeing the beauty of the black-and-white movies again.
When I heard one of the high school girls that I work with refer to Elizabeth Taylor as “some semi-famous actress” when she was describing the version of Taming of the Shrew that she saw in school, I knew that it was my duty as a film lover to expose as many people to the films and actors that helped shape the world they live in today.
I hope to have a lot of fun and hope to be helpful to anyone looking to gain a greater appreciation for film.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment