Countdown

484 Nominees: 14 down, 470 to go!

Sunday, December 26, 2010

This Week

I'm planning a big week for movies.  Dani and I just finished watching A Serious Man, review coming soon.  I am hoping to run up to the cheap theatre and catch Burlesque on its second round.  I don't really plan to enjoy it, but it is going to be a prevolent at the Golden Globes.  This weekend I will definately be seeing The Chonicles of Narnia: the Voyage of the Dawn Treader.  I would have seen it earlier, but I need to wait until I can get home to see it with my dad.  This is my favorite book of the series and I hope they don't mess it up like they did the last one...Anyway I am also hoping to catch Black Swan when at home before it falls into the pit between the theatre and DVD releases and stays there until after the Oscars.  I hate that pit.

The highlight of my week, of course, is going to be getting a big group of people together to see True Grit.  I watched the John Wayne version 3 times in preperation.  John Wayne was 61 when he made that film by the way.  It blows my mind.  Anyway, I can't wait to see the Coen brothers' take on this novel.  They have yet to let me down.  I know it is going to be darker and more raw than the first film version and I am ready!!  Hooray for the return of the Western!

No comments:

Post a Comment